genevieve 101
genevieve.

Just Alerting You

Hi.


4g1
Alvin Yue
Anthony Kwa
Benedict
Brandon Foo
Cabrina
Charlie
Cheryl Chen
Chong Weiling
Cynthia Thane
Derek
Eileen Foo
Fiona Tam
Fong Wai
Eunice Tan
Iylia
Jeremy Goh
Joane Ling
Joanne Quek
John Tan
Jonathan Chen
Joyce Tan
Judith Lee
Linghong
Lester Hio
Marcus Sia
Melina Dong
Melodie Mark
Michelle Gwee
Monica Lee
Ms Sharon Goh
Nalina
Olivia
Pearlyn Neo
Petch
Rei
Ricky
Ruying
Szewee
Weijie
Winnie Soh
Winston Khiu
Yijun
Yiqi
Yiwei

Dog Hates Me
Exploding Dog
Foxtrot
Go Fug Yourself
Karen Cheng
Questionable Content
SAJC OCIP
SAGE
xkcd
yourworldoftext

Layout: vehemency
Icon: reruntherace


September 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 April 2011


Saturday, 11 October 2008, 00:10
You may say that I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one.

Today was totally crazy. I have almost no idea why we actually bothered to go to school. S28 had an attendance of six people. S29 had an attendance of five people. My class, the one where the least people pon school normally (or so I thought), had an attendance of ten. Hence, despite having three out of four members of our group present, we played the day away. Even the teachers joined in for a game or two!

Asshole Taidi and Bridge is the love.

Though I'm still not that keen on Bridge since I'm not good at the game. Yes, I'm a sore loser. Sue me.

Anyway, here's a piece of work that I found off the internet. I think it's quite a pretty scene. Tell me what you think of it! (:


A wooden bench, on the beach, overlooking the sea. Me in my jeans, inseparable from them, even as I feel the sand seep in. She’s sitting next to me. Beautiful as the sunset is, I’m unable to take my eyes off her. I just prefer the sight. She’s the one who’s looking out at the sea, into the sky, the dusk creeping over. I wonder if she knows that I’m right next to her, that I’d do anything for her to turn to me and tell me that she knows that this is heaven for me. I have a sudden realization.

“This is a dream,” I say, “None of this is real.”
“Of course it’s a dream,” she replies, turning to me, finally. “But whoever said that it isn’t real?”

I take her hands in mine, and unable to resist any more, embrace her. I feel her warmth against me, but I know that it’s a figment of my imagination. The warmth is my own, conjured in my brain, meant to trick me. It doesn’t really matter any more. I’m happy this way. I never want to wake up.

“Don’t ever forget this feeling,” she says, “Don’t ever stop wanting it.”

And suddenly, my arms are empty. She is no more.

I wander the beach, searching for her, wondering where she went. I follow the coastline, for an hour, a second, a year, a day. Time fades away with the waves, battling eternally with the sand. The sun sets, and the night comes. It never goes away.

***

My eyes open, and I check the clock by my bedside. I’ve set it to be ten minutes fast so that I wake up early. It doesn’t matter; I’m always late anyway.

10:52. I feel the late morning sun through the window, heating up my face. I shift, and let it warm my pillow instead. What day is it? Does it even matter?

I stretch my arm, twisting it round to reach for my phone. I read through a message that I received during my fitful sleep; I’m supposed to be meeting a friend soon. I force myself out of bed and into the shower. I used to shower with the temperature close to boiling to wake me up in the morning. It doesn’t any more. It just heats up my skin and washes away the dirt, but the lethargy remains. I think about the dream I might have had during the night. I have a flash of a sunset in my mind, but then it eludes me. I shrug it off and get out of the shower to towel myself off.

genevieve ♥ 0 comments