genevieve 101
genevieve.

Just Alerting You

Hi.


4g1
Alvin Yue
Anthony Kwa
Benedict
Brandon Foo
Cabrina
Charlie
Cheryl Chen
Chong Weiling
Cynthia Thane
Derek
Eileen Foo
Fiona Tam
Fong Wai
Eunice Tan
Iylia
Jeremy Goh
Joane Ling
Joanne Quek
John Tan
Jonathan Chen
Joyce Tan
Judith Lee
Linghong
Lester Hio
Marcus Sia
Melina Dong
Melodie Mark
Michelle Gwee
Monica Lee
Ms Sharon Goh
Nalina
Olivia
Pearlyn Neo
Petch
Rei
Ricky
Ruying
Szewee
Weijie
Winnie Soh
Winston Khiu
Yijun
Yiqi
Yiwei

Dog Hates Me
Exploding Dog
Foxtrot
Go Fug Yourself
Karen Cheng
Questionable Content
SAJC OCIP
SAGE
xkcd
yourworldoftext

Layout: vehemency
Icon: reruntherace


September 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 April 2011


Tuesday, 1 July 2008, 20:37
What is an iron for?

Monday was a good day cause I borrowed like three storybooks in one shot! Hahaha, that should so seriously curb (is this the right word?) my cravings for storybooks for the moment. I finally got down to borrowing Sophie Kinsella's The Undomestic Goddess which was recommended by Eileen eons ago. Trust me, that book is hilarious. I mean, I do laugh aloud when I read books, but this book made me laugh out loud. And it made me feel good about myself cause I'm not as undomestic as Samantha is. :D

Anyway, I'm done with it alr. Once again, reading makes me reflect on my own life. I mean, I do recognise that this is a fictatious book and half the things that's mentioned inside aren't real. But Literature texts are studied for a reason and Shakespeare probably didn't write his works based on facts, right? So anyway, The Undomestic Goddess is about a female lawyer who slogged her guts out all her life. Being a partner in the firm was the Grail so one day, when she finds out she made a mistake, she totally zonked out and ran off aimlessly. Oh and seriously, the way she handled the situations - during her escapade - were totally cool and not forgetting hilarious. Then of course there's a typical 'problem' to the story and then the climax and it ends with a happy ending.

You see, I was kind of happy with the ending - cause it was a happy ending after all - but I was kind of sad as well. I was kind of disappointed with the absence of a twist ending. Everyone likes a surpraise or two once in a while right? Hahah, but with this, I have to add ironically that I was absolutely sad about the ending of this korean show that I was watching on DVD. WHY DID THE HERO NOT GET TOGETHER WITH THE HEROINE IN THE DRAMA? WHYWHYWHY! ): So anyway, the point that I would like to drive is that one is never contented. Or at least I'm never contented. You get one, you wish another, thinking that the other's always better. The grass is greener on the other side? Maybe not. I admit that sometimes I just wish that I'm another person, or that I'm all grown up. But then I almost immediately realise that being all grown up isn't all that good cause I'd have to deal with plenty of responsibilities. Now that's a noun that doesn't quite clique well with me. And when I think about being someone else, I remember that each one of us have our own set of problems and I'm already used to (and know the ways to) tackling my own set of problems. Ah, contentment. You're a difficult little thing aren't you?

Samantha was a lawyer. She measures time in six minutes intervals when she was a lawyer. Seeing that little schedule table thing on the book already scares the living daylights out of me and then it hit me - am I really busy? I know I've discussed about this before. But sometimes I just think that I'm not as busy as I think I am. Looking at this fictacious character in the book - how she's all tense and twichy, reliant on her mobile (can't live without her Blackberry and gets all worried when her mobile isn't filled up with messages for like five minutes) and how she measures time in six minute intervals and not have any time for herself, how she cancels out on others all the time and how her family cancels out on her even on her birthday, I start to think that maybe I'm not that busy after all. Look at me, I don't measure time in six minute intervals. I don't get all nervous when my phone isn't ringing (okay, so sometimes I do think about why no one messages). I'm not all twitchy though I'm tensed up. I have some time off for myself. Granted, there's even days where I can do nothing work related at all and not feel guilty about it! I am not busy right? But then again, I looked at myself in the mirror just moments ago and I saw a stranger with a very tired and worn out look on her face. Is that me? Or am I just simply tired?

I think I'm just tired.

So, as I was saying, Monday was kind of a good day. The part about having to pay fines and all those money kind of spoilt it though. My library fines went up to $2.60 lah! ):

genevieve ♥ 0 comments