genevieve 101
genevieve.

Just Alerting You

Hi.


4g1
Alvin Yue
Anthony Kwa
Benedict
Brandon Foo
Cabrina
Charlie
Cheryl Chen
Chong Weiling
Cynthia Thane
Derek
Eileen Foo
Fiona Tam
Fong Wai
Eunice Tan
Iylia
Jeremy Goh
Joane Ling
Joanne Quek
John Tan
Jonathan Chen
Joyce Tan
Judith Lee
Linghong
Lester Hio
Marcus Sia
Melina Dong
Melodie Mark
Michelle Gwee
Monica Lee
Ms Sharon Goh
Nalina
Olivia
Pearlyn Neo
Petch
Rei
Ricky
Ruying
Szewee
Weijie
Winnie Soh
Winston Khiu
Yijun
Yiqi
Yiwei

Dog Hates Me
Exploding Dog
Foxtrot
Go Fug Yourself
Karen Cheng
Questionable Content
SAJC OCIP
SAGE
xkcd
yourworldoftext

Layout: vehemency
Icon: reruntherace


September 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 April 2011


Friday, 27 June 2008, 00:20
Death and All His Friends.

Okay, so I'm a little morbid now. You can't really blame me, really. I've been through A Series of Unfortunate Events and I'm not half as lucky as those Baudelaire kids. That title really came about when I read Rachel Wong's blog where she was talking about Viva La Vida which, in full (or at least that's what the title is as written on the Coldplay website and their MySpace page) is Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends. I'm not exactly Vive La Vida-ish right now so, the more morbid of the two kind of suits me better.

Anyway, the purpose of this post is not to explain my morbidness. Really, I've been tagged (again) and I shall be nice to do this quiz since my pet was the one who tagged me. Heh, I've got myself a pet duck! :D

1. If your lover betrayed you, what will your reaction be?

I never really thought of this before. Maybe like scream the living daylights out of him? Hey, that'll be quite cool I think. He'll probably go blind - as good as blind - since he can't see no daylight after that.

2. If you can have dreams come true, what would they be?

Be positive! Just as what Mrs Tan from Bukit Anak Kambeng (spl?) always says. And that everyone around me would be happy.

Being happy reminds me of this article that I read. Sumiko Tan wrote that one will never be happy all the time, despite being in their perceived happy state. This can be attributed to the Law of Diminishing Something (for the sake of this, I'll just name it Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility). After a while, one will get sick of their surroundings and will stoop back into their unhappy self. So much for dreams come true eh?

I ought to be less of a cynic, seriously. But that aside, my other dreams that would come true would be that everyone around me would be healthy and that they'll leave the world painlessly. To suffer before one dies is really very saddening and painful for both the person and those who care about them. I sure hope that everyone would live forever but, that won't happen, would it?

3. What will your dream wedding be like?

My wedding certainly would be unique. Maybe I'm too influenced by Helena's music video, maybe I'm just slightly radical. I want my wedding to be in red and black. I'll be defying tradition and be the bride in a lovely black gown. All the tables would be covered in red table cloth while the rose in the middle of the table would be black. Yes, black. I'd love it to be Victorian where everyone wears those puffy gowns with can cans and corset. And there'd be this chandelier in the middle. Pretty. Odd.

Yeah, odd. That'll be too dark I guess. The more conventional version would be that I'd hold a garden wedding where the sun will be shining brightly high up in the sky. It'll still be Victorian. I'd still be clad in black. There'd still be black roses on the table. But the theme colours shall be black and white. Pretty combination I say.

4. Are you confused as to what lies ahead of you?

No, not really. What lies in front of me is my lovely Hewlett Packard laptop.

Okay okay. For one, I'm not sure how I'd perform during my H1 Physics paper tmr. Despite my friend's repeated reminders to study - more like warnings actually -, I'm really more interested in doing this. Further up in the future, it'll be university but really, I have not the remotest idea of what I'm going to be doing. So yeah, I'm quite unsure of what lies in front of me.

5. What's your ideal lover like?

Gee, I really have no idea. I guess he has to be funny. I love a good sense of humour in someone. But he sure has to be able to stand my constant giggling. Mmm, tall? I want my kids to be tall so as to not suffer the same fate as me. I'd like him to be someone of a different race, considering the fact that mixed blood kids are always so good looking. But that's certainly just a hope. If he's Chinese, I'm fine with it. Heh.

6. Which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?

Both are equally blessed. I've been a receiver all my life. I'm really doubt I've given anything. Hence, from a receiver point of view, considering the fact that being loved is like receiving a gift, it's really blessed.

Conversely, giving is really a blessing itself. I am a receiver. I'm really grateful that I am a receiver. However, sometimes you receive so much from others, you just want to be able to reciprocate their actions. Being grateful alone sometimes just doesn't seem enough. Sometimes, I don't even feel grateful cause I don't feel like I've been given. Inaction causes me a great sense of guilt towards the others who have given me so much.

But, I am human. I am selfish. I am guilty. I'd rather be loved than love someone.

7. How long do you intend to wait for someone you really love?

As long as my interest in that person lasts? I don't really have a good record for liking things for a long time so hopefully my interest in a person would suffer a better fate than my penchant for things.

8. If the person you secretly like is already attached, what would you do?

Just remain liking the person and keep it a secret.

9. Is there anything that's made you unhappy these days?

Hell yeah. If you're put through a series of exams that pins your butt down so long that your hips hurt and leaves you brain dead and dazed after that, you tell me whether you're unhappy or not.

10. Is being tagged fun?

Sort of. There's the fun side of getting away from that dreaded Physics notes. And there's the fun side of letting others see my thoughts about certain issues. Actually it's just about the wedding but, oh wells. Then there's the bad and unsightly horrid side of having to face the music tmr. And not to forget my friend's I-told-you-sos that's going come if my grades aren't good.

11. How do you see yourself in ten years time?

I'd have gone on (at least) a trip overseas with they Study Buddies! And hopefully I've completed my studies and gotten myself a decent job.

12. Who are currently the most important people to you?

My family and friends.

13. What kind of person do you think the one who tagged you is?

Person would be the wrong word to use. My pet tagged me! My pet duck tagged me. Yes, I have a highly intelligent duck that can type as my pet. Heheh.

14. Would you rather be single & rich or married but poor?

I'd say married but poor. In fact, I have this mental picture that's painted (like some impressionism art piece) in which I'd be happily married with kids and everything. We won't cheat on each other or anything and there will not any mention of divorce or separation between us. Our kid(s) will grow up happily and heathily. My house would my shelter from all the chaos from outside but must as it's a shelter, my house would have guests over every so often. We're poor, but we're happy.

15. What's the first thing you do every morning?

Open my eyes, stare at the ceiling.

16. Would you give it all in a relationship?

I suppose.

17. If you fall in love with two people simultaneously, who would you pick?

I'm quite sure that scenario would not happen.

5 ppl i am gonna tag:

Cheryl Chen
Eileen Foo (though I'm quite sure she won't entertain me)
Winston Khiu?
Michelle Gwee!
Pearlyn?

genevieve ♥ 0 comments