genevieve 101
genevieve.

Just Alerting You

Hi.


4g1
Alvin Yue
Anthony Kwa
Benedict
Brandon Foo
Cabrina
Charlie
Cheryl Chen
Chong Weiling
Cynthia Thane
Derek
Eileen Foo
Fiona Tam
Fong Wai
Eunice Tan
Iylia
Jeremy Goh
Joane Ling
Joanne Quek
John Tan
Jonathan Chen
Joyce Tan
Judith Lee
Linghong
Lester Hio
Marcus Sia
Melina Dong
Melodie Mark
Michelle Gwee
Monica Lee
Ms Sharon Goh
Nalina
Olivia
Pearlyn Neo
Petch
Rei
Ricky
Ruying
Szewee
Weijie
Winnie Soh
Winston Khiu
Yijun
Yiqi
Yiwei

Dog Hates Me
Exploding Dog
Foxtrot
Go Fug Yourself
Karen Cheng
Questionable Content
SAJC OCIP
SAGE
xkcd
yourworldoftext

Layout: vehemency
Icon: reruntherace


September 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 April 2011


Saturday, 31 May 2008, 22:49
Many people going to the stratosphere,

Why would they still bother about happenings on Earth?

But that isn't an ample reason for not blogging for so long, is that my friends?

This (short) hiatus has been reflective. For one, I've come to fully realise what it means by "everyone has their own flaws". You see, people can be very different in different circumstances. On work and off work, on court and off court, on relationships and off relationships, etc. They all act differently. So if you hate someone due to the way that person acts in certain situations, don't be too quick to jump into conclusions and condemn the person for you never know whether that person behaves the same way in a thoroughly different circumstance. I made that mistake, and I don't want to make it again.

I went back to school the other day and it was a rather nostalgic. Somehow, the bright coloured paint on the walls didn't seem as brilliant as it did when I had to go back there Monday through Friday. That day, everything seemed a shade paler. It's like, an old artwork that witnessed the passing of many ages, whose radiant colour has lost its brilliance. Is that symbolic of my friendships? I went around. The school greeted me with its gloomy paraphernalia. I arrived running in the rain, scurrying to block F - how familiar it was to me! As I walked passed the classrooms, memories came flooding back - the days we spent loitering at the corridors, the times when we just hung out in the classrooms after school, the times when we had to prepare for school activites: Reel Art!, Racial Harmony Day. Then I looked at myself in the mirror, just to find myself in a colour far from yellow and peacock blue.

I just checked my mail. I think I received the Nigerian scam thing. For those that don't or have absolutely no clue what I'm talking about, it's an email sent by some unknown people saying that you've won some prize and you need to reply them to claim your prize. Please do not ever reply or anything cause it's out to scam your money. I think they require your bank account number or that they need you to send some money as proccessing fee. But get this: they never return the money, neither do they send you your "prize". Check these websites out (they show variations of the email) http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/bizscam_ECOWAS.php and http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13671. Below is the email that I received.

Ecowas donations 2008
101 Yakubu Gowon Cresent
Asokoro District P.M.B. 401
&n bsp; Abuja, Nigeria.
Tel: +2348036543029

This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of Eight hundred and
fifty United States Dollars, ($850,000.00) for this year 2008 Lottery
promotion which is organized by ECOWAS DONATIONS 2008.

ECOWAS DONATIONS 2008, collects all the email addresses of the people
that are active online,among the millions that subscribed to the
Internet.we only select five people every Year as our winners through
electronic balloting System without the winner applying,we congratulate
you for being one of the people selected.

You are to contact the events manager on or before your date of
Claim,Winners Shall be paid in accordance with his/her Settlement
Centre.Ecowas Donations Prize must be claimed no later than 20 days from
date of Draw Notification after the Draw date in which Prize has won. Any
prize not claimed within this period will be forfeited.

These are your identification numbers:

Batch number.....................ECW 09102XN
Reff number.......................ECW35447XN
Winning number...................ECW09788

These numbers fall within your Location file, you are requested to
contact the event manager/Claims Department, send your winning
identification numbers to him,to enable him verify your claims.

(CONTACT FINANCE DEPARTMENT)
Name:Mr.Brian Udeh
E-mail:economic_donations_2008@live.com
TEL: +2348036543029
Thank you and Accept my hearty congratulations once

//edit (1 June 2008)
Seriously, it's quite pathetic that people around me simply don't read or watch the news. Out of seven people that talked to me, only two knew what I was talking about.

I am absolutely sorry to everyone that I might or might not have offended or insulted because of this sentence. My feeling-mean-ness doesn't give me a good enough reason to hurt anyone.

genevieve ♥ 0 comments