|
genevieve.
Hi.
September 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
April 2011
|
Saturday, 1 March 2008,
23:45
I am just a speck of dust inside a giant's eye
When I go for a drive I like to pull off to the side Of the road, turn out the lights, get out and look up at the sky And I do this to remind me that I'm really, really tiny In the grand scheme of things and sometimes this terrifies me
But it's only really scary cause it makes me feel serene In a way I never thought I'd be because I've never been So grounded, and so humbled, and so one with everything I am grounded, I am humbled, I am one with everything
Rock and roll is fun but if you ever hear someone Say you are huge, look at the moon, look at the stars, look at the sun Look at the ocean and the desert and the mountains and the sky Say I am just a speck of dust inside a giant's eye I am just a speck of dust inside a giant's eye
When I saw Geneviève I really liked it when she said What she said about the giant and the lemmings on the cliff She said 'I like giants Especially girl giants Cause all girls feel too big sometimes Regardless of their size'
When I go for a drive I like to pull off to the side Of the road and run and jump into the ocean in my clothes And I'm smaller than a poppyseed inside a great big bowl And the ocean is a giant that can swallow me whole
So I swim for all salvation and I swim to save my soul But my soul is just a whisper trapped inside a tornado So I flip to my back and I float and I sing I am grounded, I am humbled, I am one with everything I am grounded, I am humbled, I am one with everything
So I talked to Geneviève and almost cried when she said That the giant on the cliff wished that she was dead And the lemmings on the cliff wished that they were dead So the giant told the lemmings why they ought to live instead
When she thought up all those reasons that they ought to live instead It made her reconsider all the sad thoughts in her head So thank you Geneviève, cause you take what is in your head And you make things that are so beautiful and share them with your friends
We all become important when we realize our goal Should be to figure out our role within the context of the whole And yeah, rock and roll is fun, but if you ever hear someone Say you are huge, look at the moon, look at the stars, look at the sun Look at the ocean and the desert and the mountains and the sky
Say I am just a speck of dust inside a giant's eye I am just a speck of dust inside a giant's eye I am just a speck of dust inside a giant's eye And I don't wanna make her cry Cause I like giants
I Like Giants by Kimya Dawson
One of her babies is rotting in the sun And the other one was found drowned in the ocean Her mom and dad are in their van crushed and bloated And her husband was thrown from his fishing boat So please give me a break from all your complaining About who was mean to you and how your stepdad is a pain - i care, i swear, but i just can't take it, not today All i can think about are tsunamis and earthquakes
Everything she's ever known is gone, gone, gone Everyone she's ever loved is gone, gone, gone The only reason she's alive is She grabbed a palm frond and held on And held on
You can call me crazy but it seems to me we could Have sent more than we spend in one day killing iraqis To help the hundreds of thousands Who are injured and diseased And hungry and homeless and without families I'm appalled by our government's initial reaction And the fact that they asked for a verbal retraction From the folks who called them stingy They're just covering their assets Well, they thank their greedy god for wiping out the lower class
We'd have 12/26 tattooed across our foreheads If something this atrocious happened on our coast instead Well, a tragedy's a tragedy no matter where it happens Close your eyes really tight and imagine That everything you've ever known is gone And everything you've ever loved is gone And the only reason you're alive is you were lucky And you were strong enough to hold on While you watched your family die While you watched your family die While you watched your family die While you watched your family die
12/26 (also) by Kimya Dawson
genevieve ♥
0 comments
|