genevieve 101
genevieve.

Just Alerting You

Hi.


4g1
Alvin Yue
Anthony Kwa
Benedict
Brandon Foo
Cabrina
Charlie
Cheryl Chen
Chong Weiling
Cynthia Thane
Derek
Eileen Foo
Fiona Tam
Fong Wai
Eunice Tan
Iylia
Jeremy Goh
Joane Ling
Joanne Quek
John Tan
Jonathan Chen
Joyce Tan
Judith Lee
Linghong
Lester Hio
Marcus Sia
Melina Dong
Melodie Mark
Michelle Gwee
Monica Lee
Ms Sharon Goh
Nalina
Olivia
Pearlyn Neo
Petch
Rei
Ricky
Ruying
Szewee
Weijie
Winnie Soh
Winston Khiu
Yijun
Yiqi
Yiwei

Dog Hates Me
Exploding Dog
Foxtrot
Go Fug Yourself
Karen Cheng
Questionable Content
SAJC OCIP
SAGE
xkcd
yourworldoftext

Layout: vehemency
Icon: reruntherace


September 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 April 2011


Sunday, 27 January 2008, 00:53
A thousand ways of dying.

Nick is a kuku, I swear. Who on earth ever does a Lit essay on a song (without it being on an assignment or exam paper)? Anyway, that kuku actually did an essay on How To Be Dead by Snow Patrol.

____________________________________________
Please don't go crazy, if I tell you the truth
No you don't know what happened
And you never will if
You don't listen to me while I talk to the wall
This blanket is freezing, it's been out in the hall
Where you've had me for hours
Till I'm sure what I want
But darling I want the same thing that I wanted before
So sweetheart tell me what's up I won't stop no way

Please keep your hands down
And stop raising your voice
It's hardly what I'd be doing if you gave me a choice
It's a simple suggestion can you give me sometime
So just say yes or no
Why can't you shoulder the blame
Coz both my shoulders are heavy
From the weight of us both
You're a big boy now so let's not talk about growth
You've not heard a single word I have said...
Oh, my God

Please take it easy it can't all be my fault
I haven't made half the mistakes
That you've listed so far
Oh baby let me explain something
It's all down to drugs
At least I remember taking the and not a lot else
It seems I've stepped over lines
You've drawn again and again
But if the ecstasy’s in the wit is de finitely out
Dr. Jekyll is wrestling Hyde for my pride ____________________________________________

Well, go ahead and read the lyrics, it's very different from other "sad-emo" songs.

There’s many view to it, this is just mine:D

The guy's girlfriend (girlfriend because i take it that the singer's a male) doesn't understand him at all. Look at how the song starts, "Please don't go crazy, if I tell you the truth, No you don't know what happened". His gf is unaware of his feelings. She doesn't know what happened, and "you(she) never will".
Personally, it was the starting that caught my attention, and the ending is simply -special. From the song, you can clearly see (if you can see) that there is problem in this love relationship. However, the girl is ignorant, unaware of it. Incognizant would describe it best. The guy has a lot of unsaid words he wants to say, he has to "talk to the wall", probably because he doesn't have the chance to tell her. You should feel a little sad by now, if you don't, you don’t have a heart... which many of us don't have of course.Ha.

Okay back to the "story". "You're a big boy now so let's not talk about growth", big boy probably indicating that he is of a considerable age to understand love, so maturity isn't a reason for this dilemma. There's a lack of something between them. Maybe trust, maybe commitment, maybe love is simply missing. This would be one of my favourite lines in the whole song,” You’ve not heard a single word I have said... Oh, my God". You got to hear this line to like it. You don’t need me to explain this line; it's clearly right in front of you. Okay, enough of my rubbish shall jump to the ending line.


Dr. Jekyll is wrestling Hyde for my pride
The best ending. With meaning. I take it most of you don't know who the hell is Dr. Jekyll or Hyde. They are characters from a book written by Robert Louis Stevenson. Truly a great work of English Literature, Jekyll and Hyde is a magnificent story that takes the reader to the very edge of madness. Hyde is the result of an experiment by Dr Jekyll. He soon finds himself being controlled by Hyde at times, transforming to a monster-liked image and doing things against his own will. Dr. Jekyll is wrestling Hyde, just for his pride. Use your imagination now to think what this line might mean.

So maybe it's not really an essay, but it's still kuku. He was supposed to do one for Kill (by Jimmy Eat World) but he claimed that it was not emo enough so cannot do. Aiyo, conclusion is that Nick is a kuku!

genevieve ♥ 0 comments