|
genevieve 101
| |
|
genevieve.
Hi.
4g1 Alvin Yue Anthony Kwa Benedict Brandon Foo Cabrina Charlie Cheryl Chen Chong Weiling Cynthia Thane Derek Eileen Foo Fiona Tam Fong Wai Eunice Tan Iylia Jeremy Goh Joane Ling Joanne Quek John Tan Jonathan Chen Joyce Tan Judith Lee Linghong Lester Hio Marcus Sia Melina Dong Melodie Mark Michelle Gwee Monica Lee Ms Sharon Goh Nalina Olivia Pearlyn Neo Petch Rei Ricky Ruying Szewee Weijie Winnie Soh Winston Khiu Yijun Yiqi Yiwei Dog Hates Me Exploding Dog Foxtrot Go Fug Yourself Karen Cheng Questionable Content SAJC OCIP SAGE xkcd yourworldoftext Layout: vehemency Icon: reruntherace September 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 April 2011 |
Tuesday, 4 December 2007,
13:00
We were boxing the stars.
I originally typed out (half way) a long post about my camp. Guess I just lost steam.Anyway, I want to do some reflections on my camp. I slept in the same tent as a girl that is slightly mentally disabled. I kind of had to take care of her. That proved a real big challenge to me. I really didn't know how to. I do have quite a short attention span and I [i]always[/i] get impatient very fast. Coping with her was difficult. Whenever I asked her anything, she just didn't really give me any answer. She might nod or shake her head but it mightn't be something she really is feeling. For example, during the trek to Chek Jawa, I kept asking her if she was tired. She shaked her head but I had to drag her along. She peed in her pants too, on both nights. We thought we had it right the second night when we told her to change into her pampers at a later time but sadly, it didn't work. At night, none of us really thought to bring her to the toilet before we coaxed her to sleep - that just came to me, by the way. Gosh. Thinking back, there were so many other ways which I could have done better. I could have tried to engage her more into our conversations and all. Albeit so, I must not discount the fact that she is rather smart, in a way. She knew how to bathe herself! We weren't bathing like we would in mainland Singapore, just so you know. There were no shower heads or anything. She managed to bathe by following our actions! And she knew how to go toilet by herself! Though we had to bring her to the toilet but, at least she can do it herself in the toilet! Another point to note is that I have to thank many people. For starters, I have to thank Julian for accompanying me - on the phone - when I arrived at the jetty 1hr 10mins earlier than the appointed time. I have to thank Clarissa for the great food and keeping us well fed. Zhiyong for breaking-the-wind-for-our-tent-by-situating-his (and Julian's)-tent-in-front-of-ours. Charlie, Leo, and many other people who tried to comfort me when it was dark. Linghong and Winnie who helped me whenever I needed help, such as when we were bathing (you rub my back and I'll rub yours!). And many many people for manymany other things! Bottom line: I loved the camp! genevieve ♥ 0 comments |