genevieve 101
genevieve.

Just Alerting You

Hi.


4g1
Alvin Yue
Anthony Kwa
Benedict
Brandon Foo
Cabrina
Charlie
Cheryl Chen
Chong Weiling
Cynthia Thane
Derek
Eileen Foo
Fiona Tam
Fong Wai
Eunice Tan
Iylia
Jeremy Goh
Joane Ling
Joanne Quek
John Tan
Jonathan Chen
Joyce Tan
Judith Lee
Linghong
Lester Hio
Marcus Sia
Melina Dong
Melodie Mark
Michelle Gwee
Monica Lee
Ms Sharon Goh
Nalina
Olivia
Pearlyn Neo
Petch
Rei
Ricky
Ruying
Szewee
Weijie
Winnie Soh
Winston Khiu
Yijun
Yiqi
Yiwei

Dog Hates Me
Exploding Dog
Foxtrot
Go Fug Yourself
Karen Cheng
Questionable Content
SAJC OCIP
SAGE
xkcd
yourworldoftext

Layout: vehemency
Icon: reruntherace


September 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 April 2011


Wednesday, 26 December 2007, 22:34
To Genevieve.

Hey darl.

I hope you're reading this because you're reminiscing about the past. With any luck, it's not because you've been clumsy and knocked your head and lost some really precious memories. Anyway, we'll start with the way all letters begin. How is life in the future? It would comfort me to know that the world is still as it is. Singapore will still be Singapore and all the other countries will be intact, meaning there will be no conquering of countries like how Genghis Khan conquered most of Asia and of E Europe to the Dnieper River - info on Genghis Khan from www.dictionary.com - or how Emperor Qin conquered the whole of China. Though there is much talk about a global village, I hope that only limits to communications and the world will not literally turn into one village altogether and have only one president, prime minister and all.

Alright. Now let's get into the gist of this letter. Perhaps we'll start from the time I can remember? Hahaha. You have no choice anyway.

Do you remember the first time we went to the Underwater World at Sentosa? I hope it's not flooded and gone from the map in the future. You know, the climate changes and all really scare me. Singapore can't be flooded like the legendary - or whether if there's really that place, I don't know - Atlantis. So, back to our maiden trip. Do you remember that you cried really badly then? Well, I do. I think it was the stingrays that made us cry so badly. We were very afraid of that huge squarish fish then. Do you know remember how it looks like? I'll attach a photo later, I think. Anyway, are we still allergic to stingrays? I'd love to know that we've outgrown it.

Do you also remember the time we were sick when we were young? I don't remember how old we were, but I do remember that we were still sleeping in a cot that time. So we were probably really young. We were running a fever then. I remember screaming for mummy. And mummy came and put a wet towel on our foreheads. Mummy said that we once jumped out of the cot when she was bathing. Wow, we really had guts then didn't we? Are you more timid then I am now? I think our guts dwindles as the years go by. What a pity. We used to climb up windows and esp. those structures at playgrounds. Do you remember that? Our cousins and us used to love to play Spiderman. We used to have no qualms climbing around just to catch them. But now.. Sighs.

We used to have maids when we were young. Remember them? There was one named Lucy or something. She taught us how to sing Tagalog songs. Because we never had any other Filipino maids - or any maid after that, for that matter - after her, we didn't practice the song and we eventually forgot how to sing it alr. Speaking of those songs. We used to be able to sing this Thai song. The MacDonald's advertisement? Remember? I think I can still do it now. Can you? There was this Nippon paint advertisement too. We could sing a bit of that too. We had a little linguistic talent then. I'm not sure about now, or the future. Can you do any other languages?

You know, something in me just says that the internet could very well be a portal to the future. Like a communication portal. Oh well, it's just a thought. Can't quite explain how it'll work though. Never mind about that.

Do you remember anything about our primary school days? Whatever you remember, just don't forget about Judith, our good pal that stuck through thick and thin with us. Though people turned their backs on us, she was always there. We played Catching together, in the compound last time, where the trees were grown in those circular patches of land on a slightly raised ground. We used to sit on those bricks that they use to surround it. Speaking of primary school, we used to study at New Town Primary School. It's going to merge with Ghim Moh Primary School in 2008. I secretly hope that we'll be able to keep the school name. And I also secretly wish that the school (and campus) won't undergo any changes - even for the better. It's all memories that people cherish, regardless of whether it's good or bad.

Fast forward to secondary school. You used to study at Crescent Girls' School. We had a great time there, especially during our upper secondary years. Remember Learning Festival? They renamed our Arts Awareness Day (AAD) to that. But it was during that time in secondary four did our class really bonded together. We had the Pirates of the Caribbean (POTC) thing going on and we handmade majority of the costumes. Do you remember sewing all those vests? Okay, it was just two but we really had to rush! We were even sewing on the bus! And our costume, the Elizabeth's gown! We came up with that idea on the bus to tuition. And we did the dress in the morning of competition itself. Everyone said it was good. Aren't you proud of yourself? The rattan made can cans and daddy's cut out business shirt made our lovely skirt. We didn't win but our class became really bonded after that.

Do you remember all the mugging we did after school? We had this study buddy gang thing going on. It started during mid years of 2007. We decided that we weren't able to study at home so we ended up studying at the study corner at the library. That was how we knew Pearlyn Neo. Later, Eileen Foo, Peiting and Cynthia joined in and we frequently stayed back (almost daily) to study. It was unproductive at times, but we had lots of fun. We sang the Barney songs ("If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gum drops. Oh what a rain it would be..") and the Westlife songs! We also decided that we were going to meet up in the future, twice every year or something. And when we hit 26, we'll all travel to Japan together with Cynthia as our guide. She'd also treat us to hot springs!

Do you also remember our sitting partner, Michelle Gwee? She was a really good influence. She's a six pointer alright! Because of her, we managed to improve 11 points during the mid years! She's not even some nerd. I think she's very cool. She was also the one that introduced us to the likes of Jimmy Eat World, Anberlin, The Academy Is.., Brand New and some other really grreat artistes. Isn't she cool? We had an imaginary friend too. Do you remember him? He sits right beside Michelle in class. Michelle and us used to cam- whore in class. And we used to share food together, like the caramel biscuits we love. Shuxian, Iylia or Michelle would bring them and the four of us would all share. You remember Shuxian and Iylia? They sit in front of us. We were all so lame together.

There was another group that you must remember. The group of three that we were together with whenever we had to sit in register order. There was Qixuan, Iylia and Eileen Foo. We got along really well. Qixuan would always be there for me to lie on. Eileen will (most of the time) be arriving later than the crowd. And Iylia will always leave whenever there's mass runs. Qixuan would also always check our pencil box for us whenever there's any exams.

Those were the days. I really hope that you don't forget anything. The past has many good things that do not deserve to be forgotten. I'm going to enter JC now. I wonder what SA holds for me. Perhaps the future Genevieve (i.e. you) can write me a letter and tell me what to expect. I am seriously nervous about the entire thing.

Truckloads of love,
genevieve
27122007
0026HRS

genevieve ♥ 0 comments